[SOLVED] How To Connect Power Button To MotherBoard

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
I have the Motherboard Msi B550-A Pro mATX AM4 motherboard and the Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Tower Case.

For the life of me, I can not figure out which cable from the case connects to the motherbaord to supply the power.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
There will be a small 2 pin cable coming from the power button. it conects to your motherboard via the front panel header (page 6 in the motherboard manual).

I found the 2 pin cable for the power, where on the motherboard does it connect? (I purchased this second hand for a steal of a price so I do not have the manuals)

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
That's what I was thinking, but wanted to verify before I tried to power on w/o the proper connecters all set and ruined something like the motherboard etc.

Any insight into where these two should connect to on the motherboard?

Code:
M/B D-RGB 3-pin
D-RGB FAN

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
Cable labeled Power SW goes to Power SW header. The rest of the cables your case has seem to be fan and RGB cables and they go elsewhere (not to front panel header).

Yes, I have the Power SW cable into the JFP1 on the motherboard...haven't tested yet, but fingers crossed that's all it's going to take to get this puppy to power on.

Trying to get these last couple remaining cables connected before testing :)

DSzymborski

Titan
Did you plug in the SATA cable coming from the front of the case, as the manual says to do? You've made no reference to a SATA cable, but this case has one.

You also make no reference to the USB 3.0 header coming from the case as well. Which means you're either leaving things out, the case is missing something, or you're not reading the manual, all of which are problems in slightly different ways.

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
Did you plug in the SATA cable coming from the front of the case, as the manual says to do? You've made no reference to a SATA cable, but this case has one.

You also make no reference to the USB 3.0 header coming from the case as well. Which means you're either leaving things out, the case is missing something, or you're not reading the manual, all of which are problems in slightly different ways.

Ah, I Just found a SATA cable, it was not pulled all the way thro into the "housing" of the case where the motherboard is connected. Where should this SATA cable connect?

I do not have a USB 3.0 cable. Now when I think of USB 3.0, I think of the USB cable that has blue on the end instead of white...I do not see any of those inside the case....

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
There aren't necessarily fan headers from the fans that need to be plugged in to run the case stock. Like many case manufacturers, Phanteks gives their preinstalled fans their own controller, which is what the USB header is coming from. I believe your Eclipse P350X is similar, though I don't recall directly.

https://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/PH-EC360ATG.pdf

Ahh, yes I have the USB 3.0 connected. If I can figure out where that SATA connects to the motherboard I'll be golden, or maybe it goes to the power supply and get's the power from there. :)

tunghaichuan

Reputable
May 13, 2019
Ahh, yes I have the USB 3.0 connected. If I can figure out where that SATA connects to the motherboard I'll be golden :)

On my Phanteks P350X, the sata connector in the case connects to a sata connector on the power supply. There is an integrated controller in the case which controls the case lights. I assume that it works the same with your case and its RGB fans.

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
On my Phanteks P350X, the sata connector in the case connects to a sata connector on the power supply. There is an integrated controller in the case which controls the case lights. I assume that it works the same with your case and its RGB fans.

Yes, I piggy backed off the same cable that I had my SATA hard drive connected to. Now the fans light up red, but are not powering on. Did I miss something?

It could be bc I don't have my video card installed atm? I dis-assembled bc I couldn't get power up :D

Or the D-RGB FAN cable that I haven't connected yet.

goozblahblah

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
At this point, my advice to you would be a video guide on how to complete your build to avoid confusion and have a visual reference of where to put everything correctly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMa8NQvJx2E

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BuGIrY0vE

I watched both the vidoes but I didn't see where to plug in the
MB-D RGB-3pin
D-RGB FAN

From googling it seems the DRGB Fan is for connecting 3rd party fans, which I have none of, so I think i'm safe with that one. And also from a Reddit page the RGB 3Pin connects to JRAINBOW2 (I didn't see a JRAINBOW1).

My last missing cables then is a 3 pin cable that has a snap on it and a 4 pin cable that looks like it should maybe go into one of the SYS FAN spots on the Motherboard

This is an image of the two cables I can't discover where to connect

https://ibb.co/vxhCXdk

Does the image assist at all here?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS