[SOLVED] How to control ARGB fans with ASRock software?

King Mustard

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
have an ASRock B550M Pro4 motherboard and SilverStone PF240-ARGB all-in-one ("AIO") CPU liquid cooler.

I have the radiator fans connected to ADDR_LED1 and the pump connected to ADDR_LED2.

Nothing is connected to RGB_LED1 nor RGB_LED2.

Everything lights up but it's in 'rainbow mode', presumably the standard setting.

I have installed ASRock Polychrome RGB v2.0.83 but I do not seem to be able to control the lighting with the software (please see included screenshot).

There was a control unit that came with AIO cooler but I didn't connect that yet as I presumed that was for those without motherboards that can have the ARGB connectors.

Is anyone able to assist?

eb_asrpoly-1.png.4e425af04221d25d7ef8aa6ad8cbd034.png

Last edited:
Solution
if updating the AsRock software doesn't recognize the new hardware than it is probably just not capable of detecting the cooler. rainbow mode is probably just the default setting that it implements on any "generic" aRGB cable connected.

check both Silverstone & AsRock support pages and see if they mention any type of compatibility between devices.
if not, you're probably stuck using the Silverstone control unit.

though corsair's iCUE software has been adding a lot of support for 3rd party devices.
there's a chance that by installing that it will recognize the motherboard aRGB ports and allow some control over the lighting.
if updating the AsRock software doesn't recognize the new hardware than it is probably just not capable of detecting the cooler. rainbow mode is probably just the default setting that it implements on any "generic" aRGB cable connected.

check both Silverstone & AsRock support pages and see if they mention any type of compatibility between devices.

though corsair's iCUE software has been adding a lot of support for 3rd party devices.
there's a chance that by installing that it will recognize the motherboard aRGB ports and allow some control over the lighting.

Solution

King Mustard

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010

I have discovered I am able to alter the ARGB from the UEFI. It's a shame I have to go into the UEFI to make quick changes.

I've noticed I can not change channels ADDR_LED1 and ADDR_LED2 independently of each other (please see included screenshot).

This means the radiator fans RGB and pump RGB are having to match.

Do you think this is just a limitation of the motherboard?

eb_asrpoly-2.thumb.png.ef089b0655b8b19ab08741ac841fa21e.png

Based on your suggestion, I tried iCue. Zero detection at all 🙁

Last edited: