Question How to *control* RGB from addressable Gen 2 header ?

Sep 17, 2023
TL;DR Version -- I can't control the RGB colors on my system using an addressable Gen 2 header.

Greetings, fellow propeller-heads, tech-savvy friends, and hardware experts. First post, been searching thru the existing threads here but so far have not found an answer.

My last computer being over 12 years old (My venerable but decrepit Dell XPS 420, still running albeit with occasional issues) I have just completed building a new box, parts list included below. The whole RGB thing is new to me, but I managed to get everything plugged in and working, everything that is supposed to light up is lit up. However, I find myself unable to control the colors on the LED fans and the cool-looking infinity mirror on the CPU cooler. (The rainbow default setting is OK, but a little annoying after awhile.)

All fans and RGB cables are plugged into the hub included with the Lian Li case, which is in turn plugged into SATA for power and the addressable Gen 2 header for RGB. The ASUS Armoury Crate software does not recognize any RGB devices -- I suppose that's because nothing is plugged onto the 4-pin ARGB header. I have checked thru the BIOS settings but found nothing helpful.

Bonus points if someone knows how to control the RGB on my memory sticks. :) Thanks in advance.

----------------
Case LIAN LI LANCOOL 216 E-ATX PC Case
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
Motherboard ASUS Prime B650M-A AX
CPU Cooling DeepCool LT720 Liquid Cooler 360mm
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series, 2 x 16GB 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL36-36-36-96 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop Memory
Video Card XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Ultra Gaming Graphics Card with 20GB GDDR6
SSD SAMSUNG 990 PRO w/ Heatsink SSD 2TB PCIe 4.0 M.2
Monitor Dell S3222DGM 32" Curved Gaming Monitor

Edit: For those who might have noticed, yes -- this is a build using the current Tom's Hardware $2K gaming computer parts list.

For those who might have noticed, yes -- this is a build using the current Tom's Hardware $2K gaming computer parts list.
Ai Suite 3 contains software to control lights.

Sep 17, 2023
I fired up the latest edition of AI Suite 3, and found no tabs or obvious connections to control the RGB colors. I surfed up a couple of YouTube videos for AI Suite and saw several tabs appear in their menu that are not present in my own, including Fan Xpert.

It may just be the **** Lian Li hub, but I find that hard to accept considering this is a popular case for builds (not to mention it comes recommended by Tom's Hardware itself)

Sep 17, 2023
I just found this in the TH review of the Lian Li Lancool 216:
"The only way you can adjust the RGB on the 160mm fans is via the RGB controller, which costs $15 extra."

I am flabbergasted.

Reactions: CountMike