How to deal with a terrible RMA department? (Asus)

mtclifford

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
I am not sure exactly which forum would be most appropriate for this but my best guess would be this one.

A little about this situation:

A bought an Asus A8V-XE motherboard from Newegg last October. I didn't have any use for it at the time because I fixed the mobo that it was replacing. So I left it in the box on a shelf until early February.

Come early February I put the board in a new system and it proved to be DOA. Then the nightmare began. I called Asus and they said they would replace it with a new board. The day I was to ship it out they said that a replacement was not in stock and they would have to repair the board.

So I sent the board to them and was told I would wait a MAXIMUM of 10 business days. On the 11th business day I called Asus and they still had no status on the board, they called me back later that day to say the board could not be fixed, and they would email me replacement options of another model.

I then waited 2 business days and received no information. I called back and spoke to a supervisor, a Miss Shanelle Randisi. I told her I was running out of patience with the company and I was thinking of pursuing legal options. Finally after 15 Business days a new motherboard was shipped.

I finally received it today. One problem though, Asus accidentally included some in-house emails between Miss Randisi and their shipping department. In it Miss Randasi stated that they needed to test the board because the customer was a "PAIN!", that is the quote.

I am really mad at Asus now, not only did the make me wait 15 business days for an RMA, it is obvious they make derogatory remarks about their customers in their in-house emails.

Do I have any recourse with these people?

I uploaded a copy of the email I received in the package here:

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asusemailzk0.jpg

Reece2007

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

No offense,

But you sound like a "PAIN" The impropriety of remarks suggesting the possibility of legal action over a 5 day delay on your RMA is excessive and uncalled for.

Maybe you should try being polite once in a while.

I sent my Asus Z77 board out and attached a friendly note inside, thanking the support staff for all their hard work and excellent customer service. I sent my RMA out (2 days express delivery) and I received it back all within 6 business days. I accidently bent some pins on the motherboard while placing the the protective socket case on the day of shipping and they repaired it at no charge.

And a kind "You're Very Welcome, Thank You for Choosing Asus" note inside.

That's how you receive good service, start by being a good customer. I used to work in a restaurant as a server; pain in the ass customers always were talked about by the staff members. And they sometimes ate things that weren't exactly on our menu if you catch my drift.

Set an example first. Be a good person to deal with, and it will contrast any bad service you ever receive.

How do you really know the cause of the delay?
Perhaps everybody did their jobs exceptionally well, but 1 person didn't do there job which delayed the whole process.
Is everyone to blame for this?
Maybe someone was new and they made a mistake?

If it was so critical to receive your mobo back by a certain deadline, why didn't you request a cross shipping arrangement with Asus?

Just my 2 cents..:)