how to delete a thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

We don't remove threads with answers. You posted the same question twice and a moderator merged the duplicate into the active thread.

lyssinflannel

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014

Got it, thanks! Sorry for the confusion. Can it be left as an unopened help/question? Issue still not resolved please.

Mar 5, 2018

Rayven2

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
It's truly mind-boggling that this site doesn't have basic functionality from deleting a thread you've created to not even being able to change your password. Seriously, what's the deal?

Franklin_4

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015
i definitely think you should be able to delete threads and comments. wasnt aware you cant change your password, but that seems ludicrous as well.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The edit function? In what way?

USAFRet

Titan

To prevent people from doing this:
---------------------------------------------
"I have a question that involves a combination of foo and bar. How do I get this working"

2 days later...
edited to:
"Nevermind, I solved it"

well gee, sparky. Someone else on the planet probably has that same problem.
---------------------------------------------
Or worse...
original thread of anything.
OP comes back a year later and edits it, and all of his replies, to:
dfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfg
--------------------------------------------

Yes, people do that.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, that sucks. Definitely needs some editing restrictions to prevent that kind of abuse.

My only complaint is with the Editor itself. That darn "Maximize your chances of being answer" and other popups will appear and cover the area I am typing in. Then I have to wait for it to time out and disappear before I can see where I left off so I can continue.

A) The link provided does not point to a thread you own.

B) Your only thread has replies. We do not remove threads with replies as someone else may benefit from it.

I have, however, locked the thread.

Aug 11, 2018
i'm not embarrassed about it, it's just problem isn't solved, the solution was picked automatically and i prefer the threats deleted.

thanks

What you prefer is not relevant. The content is property of Tom's Hardware and will remain. However, the thread/s will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.