How to delete corrupted file???

Status
Not open for further replies.

syamdi

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Hello, ineed sombdy to help me....
when i'm trying to delete some avi file n folder it will appear as "preparing to recycle....discovering item...."for along time,,,n it will never delete the item...

syamdi

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

could you tell me step by step on how to reboot from safe mode....? please idont know anything....

syamdi

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
how to boot???? when i restart my laptop,,, at the bottom of the screen it appear as f12 to boot.... when i press f12, there is no safe mood there... please....

syamdi

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
it doesn't appear anything when i'm hold or press f8.... it just start the widows as usual.... please tell me how to do that.... i'm using windows7 home premium....

Good call on the link malmental. Holding the F8 key after hearing the single BIOS beep usually works too, unless "report keyboard errors" is turned on in the bios, then you get the "keyboard stuck" error.

Yes, the timing can be a little tricky on pressing the F8 key. The link malmental posted will work for you.

verbalizer

Distinguished

just got to it and right click then delete.
or if in recycle bin just empty recycle bin.
that should be it..

I'm glad the link helped.

syamdi

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
i already delete the item from safe mode,,, but its not working,,,just appear as "preparing to recycle"....from"discovering item..."
any solution????

File system corruption may also be a cause. Try running a chkdsk on it.

Open "my computer"
Right click on your drive and select properties.
Click/select the "tools" tab
At the top you will see error checking with a "check now" button.
Check off "automatically fix file system errors"
Click "start"

You may get a warning about this being a system disk or what not. Just tell it to run check disk on next reboot, then reboot the computer. It should run a check disk before booting into windows.

Now try deleting the file.

verbalizer

Distinguished

what version of windows, i never did ask.?

verbalizer

Distinguished
total reformat of hdd and re-install windows.
odds are the file was corrupted or had hidden virus in the first place.
there might be a 'third-party' software removal program but that's something I neve had to worry about so I don't know.
your laptop my have the function to restore to it's original state, called destructive repair or something like that.

syamdi

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
the file can be played....alsso can be copy,,,,, but cannot be cut or delete......
i've also hve run the error check....and try to delete after tht,,,, but nothing happen,,, just like i've said b4,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.