[SOLVED] How to Delete raid 0 with 2 ssd drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

customgtp

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
pcpartpicker.com
I had a pc I broke down and sold. I have 2 2tb ssd drives that I had used for game storage and am selling them separately. I installed them into another system to format and deconfigure I just can't see how to remove the raid 0 configuration. Please help!

Windows 10 1903
gigabyte gaming 5 z270n with latest bios
2 crucial 2tb ssd

Solution
Did you set up the raid in windows or in the BIOS?

If in windows raid:
- Type 'partition' in the windows search bar and select the 'create and format harddisk partition'
- Search for the drives under the raid and each drive should be visible as separate entities. Simply select a drive and delete partition. It should undo the raid. Be sure to format it afterwards to clean out data if you want.

If BIOS raid:
- Simply turn of the RAID in your bios, they should appear as two separate drives once more in windows. Rinse and repeate steps above to clean out and reformat the drives.

If in windows raid:
- Type 'partition' in the windows search bar and select the 'create and format harddisk partition'
- Search for the drives under the raid and each drive should be visible as separate entities. Simply select a drive and delete partition. It should undo the raid. Be sure to format it afterwards to clean out data if you want.

If BIOS raid:
- Simply turn of the RAID in your bios, they should appear as two separate drives once more in windows. Rinse and repeate steps above to clean out and reformat the drives.

Solution

customgtp

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
pcpartpicker.com

If in windows raid:
  • Type 'partition' in the windows search bar and select the 'create and format harddisk partition'
  • Search for the drives under the raid and each drive should be visible as separate entities. Simply select a drive and delete partition. It should undo the raid. Be sure to format it afterwards to clean out data if you want.

If BIOS raid:
I honestly can't remember. It was my first time and most likely in bios. But that computer is tore down and sold. It was an amd build. I put the drives in my Intel z270 build to try to separate. I'll try the partition part. I've turned off in bios but shows on disk partition as 2 drives but in windows shows a 4tb single drive. This is driving me nuts. And 8 can't seem to find a good tutorial. I'll look more
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.