How to delete raid 0

LostKeyboard

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
I have been researching all night on how to delete my RAID 0 in windows 10. I have unplugged one drive, tried to see a option for raid in bios (there was none), even reinstalled windows and my raid is still here :/. I setup my RAID in windows 10 and now I want to delete it because I need my other drive for my old pc. I'm at a lost and was hoping if someone more technical could help me. Please and thanks. PS, don't worry about data I don't have any right now I just want to delete this damn RAID.

Solution
Well if it isn't an OS disk it's easy. Just open the Rapid Storage Technology control panel in Windows and delete the RAID array.. but physically unattaching the disks usually does it if theres nothing you want on either hard drive. There should be an option in your BIOS to delete the array if all else fails.
boot the pc, go into bios and switch support to ahci rather than raid.

save and reset.

when you see the splash screen you might see something like press ctrl-i to setup raid. (depends on your chipset support)
if you used it to setup your raid. press ctrl-i, turn off hardware raid if available.
save and quit.

now boot off your windows dvd/flash drive
when given the option of where to install windows.

delete all existing partitions.
your drives should now be unlinked.

create a new partition on the first raw drive in the list. and install windows to it.

1s done use windows disk management tool to partition the other drive.

LostKeyboard

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

I guess it's a UEFI raid its with two 1tb hard drives. It's not a os drive. And my motherboard is a gigabyte h81m-hd3, how would I delete the array.

Well if it isn't an OS disk it's easy. Just open the Rapid Storage Technology control panel in Windows and delete the RAID array.. but physically unattaching the disks usually does it if theres nothing you want on either hard drive. There should be an option in your BIOS to delete the array if all else fails.

Solution