How to design a water bottle which closes automatically when it falls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrabhakaranKaruppaih

Distinguished
May 18, 2016
Only when it falls...

Possible?

Reason:
If I keep the water bottle closed for a prolonged time something stale smell is coming out ot it. At the same time I don't want the water to be spilled this making floor nasty and wet. Possible? Please suggest if it can be achieved by a common man like me... Thanks

ps:
Here after no personal posts only technical doubts and queries only. Hope you support. Thanks:)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Ummm... isn't something similar already designed and sold? :unsure: Looked around a bit and there are plenty of spill proof water bottles out there.

But if you want to reinvent the wheel, then:

For automatic lid closure, it must have some kind of mechanism in it, that closes it.

From the top of my head;
Sports drink bottle, with small mouth piece. If the mouth piece would be spring loaded, whereby when you drink, you pull mouth piece with your lips (or teeth) and hold it, so that water passes through when you drink. But once you release the mouth piece, the spring pulls it automatically shut.
Similar idea would be with one-way valve in the mouth piece. So, when you suck, only then the water comes. Else-ways, valve shuts automatically and water won't escape.

2nd thought would be bottle with pacifier on it. Since pacifier is made of rubber and it has tiny holes in it, you need to suck the liquid through it. Else ways (without suction), liquid won't escape.

If I keep the water bottle closed for a prolonged time something stale smell is coming out ot it.
Fresh water still has bacteria in it and fresh water will spoil after some time. Namely, the bacteria in it stats "living" and produces the smell.

ps:
Here after no personal posts only technical doubts and queries only. Hope you support. Thanks:)
Open forums. You can't dictate what can and can not be replied.

Or should i summon a Mod to clear it for you? :unsure:

Look at water dispensers for pet rodents. Essentially at the nozzle end of the dispenser is a ball bearing that acts as a valve. And all the rodent has to do to get water is lick at it, which pushes the ball out of the way and dispenses water. You could make it so if the bottle is upright, the ball bearing rolls back into the nozzle and thus, it's now open.

However, I wouldn't really advise doing something to get rid of the "stale" smell, because that's an indicator you should probably properly wash the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.