[SOLVED] How to determine PCI-E Lane Usage

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Saw some recent articles where people had unexplained performance issues with their GPU, where it had low frame rates yet had low GPU utilization. While in most cases this would point to a CPU bottleneck, the article pointed out these were all GPU intensive programs. They were able to figure out the issue was under performing bandwith within the PC-E slot. Is there any metric to read bandwith of these slots? To me GPU being underutilized isn't enough of a metric to confirm this being an issue. I am concerned both my PC-E slots having the problem. But don't want to risk wasting money on another mobo to find out I am wrong.

CPU: intel i7 9700K
MOBO: Asus z390 TUF Gaming (wi-fi)
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 TI Xc2
Ram: 16 GB (dual channel) 3200 MHZ
PSU: 1000W Seasonic Gold

Solution
OK, a single card, with a confusing name. While running a graphics intensize application, run GPU-Z. It will show the PCIe specs in use.

kanewolf

Titan
Saw some recent articles where people had unexplained performance issues with their GPU, where it had low frame rates yet had low GPU utilization. While in most cases this would point to a CPU bottleneck, the article pointed out these were all GPU intensive programs. They were able to figure out the issue was under performing bandwith within the PC-E slot. Is there any metric to read bandwith of these slots? To me GPU being underutilized isn't enough of a metric to confirm this being an issue. I am concerned both my PC-E slots having the problem. But don't want to risk wasting money on another mobo to find out I am wrong.

CPU: intel i7 9700K
MOBO: Asus z390 TUF Gaming (wi-fi)
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 TI Xc2
Ram: 16 GB (dual channel) 3200 MHZ
PSU: 1000W Seasonic Gold
What do you do with dual 2080ti ? Games? Deep Learning? CUDA?

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
What do you do with dual 2080ti ? Games? Deep Learning? CUDA?

Thank you for the reply, I assume the 'XC2' lead you to believe I have duel video cards? The actually cards name (not that it probably matters too much) which is the EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC2 Ultra. I figure I try to give as much information as I can about the (what I personally perceive) relevant hardware information including the model. I was hoping to get some more details on how to determine if the motherboards PCI-E slots are working properly.