[SOLVED] How to differentiate different software to use a specific card for communication

Sep 13, 2019
I have an intranet in my office connected to central server and certain software like sap work only on that intranet.

I wanted to have remote access to those computer so that i could work from outside my office too. But the problem is when connected to internet those intranet softwares doesnt works..

How can i prevent those software to use Wi-Fi card and stick to the ethernet only for communication and rest all other software like chrome to use wifi card only?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Solution
It should just work that way unless you have a complex network.

Say you have 1 network as 192.168.0.x and a second as 192.168.1.x. The computer knows to send all the traffic for each network to the corresponding card.

What is different is if there is a external network like the internet. Then you need to include a gateway statement on the nic settings. You can only have 1 gateway so you must leave the one that only has internal machines blank.
It should just work that way unless you have a complex network.

Say you have 1 network as 192.168.0.x and a second as 192.168.1.x. The computer knows to send all the traffic for each network to the corresponding card.

What is different is if there is a external network like the internet. Then you need to include a gateway statement on the nic settings. You can only have 1 gateway so you must leave the one that only has internal machines blank.

Solution
Sep 13, 2019
@bill001g can you be more specific as to how to do the settings. I am new to networking.
Thnq in advance

@Alabalcho No sir there is nothing sensitive as such and the organisation itself provide wireless network to connect to internet. Its just that i have to always disconnect the wireless network to use the intranet network.
The networking is provided by a third party organisation and I dont have any direct contact to the engineers there.

Sep 13, 2019
Set a static IP on the internal network and leave the gateway blank. If you can't do this without a picture then you should not even being attempting this.
@bill001g The internal network is already having a static ip address. To access the internal servers. Cant help it there then. I tried for force ip binder but even then the IE doesnt routes only to the local network.