[SOLVED] How to disable graphics card and use integrated?

shmu26

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
The wife has a new ASUS laptop X509JB with NVidia MX110 graphics. It might be the culprit for the BSODs every time after sleep.
I want to disable NVidia and use integrated graphics, and see if that solves the issue.
How to do that? I don't want to physically remove it because I will lose my warrantee, and probably break the Mobo because I am all thumbs.
It has a i51035G Quad Core. The wife is not a gamer and she doesn't run 3D applications, so I sincerely doubt she gains anything from the NVidia card other than increased battery usage.

Solution
You should not disable the Nvidia GPU even if you never intend to use it, there is no need because (read on) . . . . . .

The laptop should already be using the integrated Intel GPU by default. It will only use the high-performance GPU for specific applications (if any) that you've configured to do so in Nvidia Control Panel >>> 3D Settings.
You should not disable the Nvidia GPU even if you never intend to use it, there is no need because (read on) . . . . . .

The laptop should already be using the integrated Intel GPU by default. It will only use the high-performance GPU for specific applications (if any) that you've configured to do so in Nvidia Control Panel >>> 3D Settings.

Solution