Question How to disable tsme in bios to stop memory encryption ?

Aug 5, 2022
I am using ryzen 5 pro series processor and msi a520m pro vh motherboard. Disable tsme can boost fps. So, I want to disable but I can't find the option in my bios. Help me

Colif

Win 11 Master
Firstly, the manual for your board shows nothing... which is normal as its normally only the X boards that actually show all the features of the bios
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/M7C37v3.1-EURO.pdf shows a little more but its still not overly useful

Basically SME, but enabled by the BIOS/UEFI itself and OS independent. The option is part of the base code distributed by AMD to UEFI vendors, so it should be present on most (all?) boards.

The option is usually found under Advanced > AMD CBS. Turning it On will enable SME at the UEFI and report the status as enabled to the OS. This is the one you likely want to use, and not SME. Flip the switch, and you’ve just made the job of anyone who seeks to get your data (allegedly) more tedious and cumbersome.
shame AMD CBS only shows in some makers boards.

Its possible that option was added to a later bios to what manual is for
AFHhwAE.png

Transparent SME (TSME) as the name implies is a stricter subset of SME that requires no software intervention. Under TSME, all memory pages are encrypted regardless of the C-bit value. TSME is designed for legacy OS and hypervisor software that cannot be modified. Note that when TSME is enabled, standard SME as well as SEV are still available. TSME and SME share a memory encryption key.
X570 new bios

Its possible you don't get the feature since it shows on the OC Menu. I don't know if your bios shows that as manual only shows how to update your bios, not what any of the screens look like

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022
Firstly, the manual for your board shows nothing... which is normal as its normally only the X boards that actually show all the features of the bios
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/M7C37v3.1-EURO.pdf shows a little more but its still not overly useful

shame AMD CBS only shows in some makers boards.

Its possible that option was added to a later bios to what manual is for
AFHhwAE.png

X570 new bios

Its possible you don't get the feature since it shows on the OC Menu. I don't know if your bios shows that as manual only shows how to update your bios, not what any of the screens look like
Thanks a lot. Sorry for my late reply. My exam was going on. I think, Amd should give these features to all boards.