[SOLVED] How to Efficiently Use 2 SSDs

Jun 14, 2019
My laptop has 2 M.2 PCIe slots. It came with 128GB cheapo stick and I just bought a 512GB XPG; they're both NVMe. Would it be efficient to run my OS on the 128er and do everything else on the 512? Or would it be faster to put everything on the 512. I'm just trying to find a use for the 128 since I have it and a 2nd slot. Ultimately, I'll be doing lots of basic research with plenty of windows open, occasional gaming, some HD video editing, and movie/show streaming.
The youtube search for Installing more than 1 SSD in a laptop is barren and it's my first time adding SSD so cut me some slack!
Thanks

Solution
The XPG is probably faster so I'd install the OS onto that, put your main programs onto the XPG and then use the 128gb for storage (leave about 15-20% space free or it will slow down drastically).
Jun 14, 2019
The XPG is probably faster so I'd install the OS onto that, put your main programs onto the XPG and then use the 128gb for storage (leave about 15-20% space free or it will slow down drastically).
Thanks Wild! That's a good plan and you're damn right, it boots so much faster. I used Macrium Reflect and it essentially completely cloned the 128GB drive to the XPG so I still have like 350 unallocated GBs. Do I just need to extend the volume or did I do it wrong?