How to eliminate Header and Footer Printing

James 78

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I would like to delete a line referring to an old E-mail I received last fall, presently being printed across the top of each page I print in Eudora or off the web. I also get a line at the bottom left saying "Printed for ... (me) " followed by my E-mail address and in the bottom right the current date as 1/24/2011.
I have reinstalled the printer drivers - twice - and in the service menu re-started the Print Spooler. I have searched the Epson program for a way to turn these lines off. They do not show up in Excel or MS Word document printings, but sometimes in PDF printing. I can see them in print-preview but can't get at them to delete them.
Not sure if this should be in this forum but I don't know where else to go! Any thoughts??

Windows 7 PC
Eudora mail prog.
Epson CX4800 printer
MS Office 2007

Solution
Nothing comes to mind right now and I can't find anything that looks helpful through Google so far.

Might be a good idea to close out the original topic and start one for the scanner issue.
The current topic title isn't going to attract the people who might have other ideas about what might be happening. A good topic title to attract someone with first hand knowledge or experiance sometimes gets results when nothing else will.
If Epson has a forum a question there might get you the answer fastest.
Hello James 78;
That's likely a page setup option.

This is what the page setup options look like in Internet Explorer
Set the headers and footers to empty or blank.
ss016r.jpg

James 78

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks WR2. It was the page setup in IE that was the culprit. Simple when you know how!! Now I'm crious about how it got changed. Oh well, no time to think of that now.

In my frustration prior to your solution, I deleted the Epson printer and all the files I could find and re-installed it. The printer is now working but the scanner won't! So I did a "Restore to an earlier time " - thinking I could pick up the lost files, but no. When I try to install the scanner from disc (which is really old) it won't load. When I try from files on the HDD I got from Epson for Win 7, I get part way through the scanner file install, then I get
<<Could not copy files. Check the setup disc then run setup again.
C;\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\setup.ini >>

When I follow this direction it just repeats. Short of doing a registry scan, I've deleted all the old Epson files I can find except maybe some in windows twain-32 or win32. Didn't go there. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Lets see if a device driver update will help. Hookup the printer/scanner and turn it on.
Then use Device Manager. In the Start Menu type device into the search bar. In the Control Panel section choose Device Manager.
Find your scanner device - probably in the Imaging Device category. Click on the small triangle to expand the section.
Right mouse click on the scanner/printer and choose Update Driver Software. Use Search Automatically for an online search.
Go ahead and test.

James 78

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

The scanner doesn't show up in Device Manager. It would not install!

James 78

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Went to Epson and followed prompts and found a prog for the scanner. They said to DL and Inst. "Event Manager software V2.30.01 or later". I couldn't find such a beast on that site so I dl'd "Twain Driver and Epson Scan Utility V3.04A called epson12226.exe.
On executing it the same notice poped up - "Could not copy files ...etc. etc. etc...!"

So I'm thinking there is something in the computer that is blocking this - like maybe an old file that is still running or something one that is left behind like Norton Virus uised to do.

My next thought is to delete everything I can find about Epson thru Search etc. and go thru REGEDIT and pick out every reference there, and when I'm sure Epson is just a "mempry" re-install the progs from the Epson site for Win7.

Hopefully you are smarter than me and will come up with a workaround. The printer still works pretty good for the price but a new one is not beyond the realm of possibility!!

Nothing comes to mind right now and I can't find anything that looks helpful through Google so far.

Might be a good idea to close out the original topic and start one for the scanner issue.
The current topic title isn't going to attract the people who might have other ideas about what might be happening. A good topic title to attract someone with first hand knowledge or experiance sometimes gets results when nothing else will.
If Epson has a forum a question there might get you the answer fastest.

Solution