How to employ a touchscreen without influencing my other screens?

Tonesz586

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Hi there!

So I have this idea where I buy an HDMI touchscreen, doesn't have to be of big resolution. I intend to use it for monitoring my PC stuff, running MSI Dragon Center on it, to be exact. What I would like to do is changing between different parts of the UI (via touching of course) while in game. Is it possible to do it without my computer sensing that I clicked outside my "game monitor"?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Concept being that you have two open windows; one window on one monitor for "monitoring" and the other window on the second monitor for gaming.

Basically, as I understand your post, you are working in Extended Mode and Windows overall is keeping track of "focus" (where the cursor is at and what user inputs are occurring being those inputs a mouse click, a keyboard, a touch pad, or a touch screen.

The software is written to recognize inputs and react any number of logical If-Then-Else ways.

The computer would not know that you clicked outside of the game monitor per se. The computer would only know that there was some other input action and would logically respond according to the applicable programming code.

Hiding that outside click or a "sensing of that of that click" is contradictory.

Depending on what you are doing per se, the "outside" click/action on the monitoring screen would be so fast and quick that once completed actions on the gaming monitor would not adversely affected.

Overall, I would just set up the monitoring window or windows on the applicable monitor and just watch if I was concerned that any user inputs on the monitoring screen would skew what I was watching or trying to do on the gaming monitor.

Suggest that you provide more information about exactly what you are trying to do/accomplish. Or describe some particular problem being encountered with respect to your requirements.

There may be other ideas and suggestions.....

USAFRet

Titan
From the POV of the PC and OS, a touchscreen is little different than a mouse. A click is a click.

I don't think you can interact with another window and simultaneously have the OS ignore that interaction and remain 'in game'.