[SOLVED] SOLVED How to enable HDMI output in Win 10?

okrobie

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2016
I have an HP ProBook 450 G3 With Win 10 current version. I'm trying to output movies from the HDMI port, into the TV set. It's a brand new installation of Win 10 and I haven't done any configuration yet, but there must be a setting that I can't find. I have looked all through the Settings panel without success.

Can someone give me a few suggestions? Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
Solution
Just to make sure, can I ask : Did you already try connecting the PC via HDMI to the TV, but it doesn't work - or haven't you tried yet, and is asking for settings before connecting PC and TV?

Usually, all it takes, is to connect the HDMI cable to both devices, and the GPU driver panel / Windows automatically detects the secondary display allowing you to extend or duplicate both displays. Additional settings are sometimes needed, but in my personal experince, it very often works without additional configuration

With regards to audio, additional settings are often neccessary

Since it is a fresh Windows 10 install, have you made sure to install the required drivers?
Just to make sure, can I ask : Did you already try connecting the PC via HDMI to the TV, but it doesn't work - or haven't you tried yet, and is asking for settings before connecting PC and TV?

Usually, all it takes, is to connect the HDMI cable to both devices, and the GPU driver panel / Windows automatically detects the secondary display allowing you to extend or duplicate both displays. Additional settings are sometimes needed, but in my personal experince, it very often works without additional configuration

With regards to audio, additional settings are often neccessary

Since it is a fresh Windows 10 install, have you made sure to install the required drivers?

Reactions: okrobie
Solution