Question How to enable integrate GPU controller/integrated gpu? No option in bios/device manager/nvidia panel

Tanish2005

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
So i have a i7 4770K and a gtx 1050ti, i have been using this since abt 6-7 years now, i just got a second moniter to add to it, when i add it, both the moniters get connected to my 1050, i want to connect one to my 1050 and the other one to my intel hd 4000, which dosent show up in my device manager. And my bios dosent have an option to enable or disable GPUs. Any way to fix this? A chipset driver or a gpu driver? In AIDA 64, it shows that my intergrated GPU controller is disabled, how to enable it? Forgot to mention my gtx 1050ti is soldered on my mobo (pc manafacturers)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zer0123

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Well are you connecting the second screen to the mobo or the dedicated GPU? The integrated gpu won't actually be in the device manager unless it's being used. Connecting a second screen to the mobo(not the dedicated GPU) and turning on the PC would enable it automatically.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unless this is a laptop, I've never heard of a PC manufacturer that solders graphic cards into the PCI-Ex16 expansion slot.

That said and given that it is a pre-built system, you don't have any options (save for a risky custom BIOS install). Just plug both displays into your graphics card outputs.

-Wolf sends

Tanish2005

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
So my pc is a bit different... Its an All-in-one pc, and also my gtx 1050ti is soldered, my pc has an "in-built" display, similar to that of apple's imacs, my pc only has 1 hdmi slot. And yes, the manafacturer has soldered the gpu into what my mobo thinks is a PCI-E16 slot. I know these crippling manafacturers, do anything in the world to stop the user to upgrade anything in their pcs. My gpu dosent have a dedicated HDMI port... So am i stuck with using my 1050 for both displays? My CPU and GPU shares the same cooling fins connected to 2 fans at each end, the gpu dosent have a dedicated cooler, but suprisingly is still cooled well, with temps not hitting more than 75ish on load on the gpu and abt a avg 70 on the cpu after changing the thermal paste

Tanish2005

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
Heh... It might as well be a laptop. AIOs are typically laptop parts slapped together with a desktop display, What is the model number of the unit?

-Wolf sends
Yes i know, also it has laptop ram instad of desktop ram, its motherboard looks alot like a laptop, the motherboard model shows up as "Lenovo Invalid" in system info/aida64, pretty odd name to be given to a motherboard perhaps, i dont know the model because i removed the config sticker, couldnt find the manuel, aida64/system info/cpu-z is not able to determine, i only know it has a 500 watt psu with a 8 gb of ddr3 laptop ram at 1600mhz, gtx 1050ti, and a i74770k