How to enable rear audio jack of asus z170 pro gaming

dfdji

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Hey guys, I have new Asus z170 pro gaming and when I plug my earphones in rear green or black jack it doesn't get recognised. Does anyone know how do I enable rear audio jack?
I have updated every driver I could find. Please help!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Do you have anything connected sound wise anywhere else?

The black jack will not work, if you plug it in there it will see it as rear speakers if at all.

dfdji

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014

No I haven't plugged anything in front jack but my monitor has in built sound which mobo is detecting. And yed realtek card is the default audio device in windows.
In my sound option it is showing me three options as follows:
1.Dell S2216H(Intel(R) Display Audio)
2.Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output
3.Realtek Digital Output

dfdji

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014

No I haven't plugged anything in front jack but my monitor has in built sound which mobo is detecting.
In my sound option it is showing me three options as follows:
1.Dell S2216H(Intel(R) Display Audio)
2.Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output
3.Realtek Digital Outpu

dfdji

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014

Done. And rear jack has started. Thanks for help.
One more question it is showing speakers connected so is there any difference between speakers and headphones or its ok ?
And are these hd quality as front audio jack ?

PhysX_HW

Distinguished
In the sound devices, right click and tick "show disconnected devices" Then you should have a disconnected realtek which is likely to be the rear output. If you plug in something into the green jack on the rear IO, it should become connected, so you can select it and set it as default. I might be completely wrong though, I haven't used an integrated card in years.

Also, if I were you, I'd uninstall the sound card drivers, as it should work fine without them. They just slow your PC down, and can potentially cause problems like this.

dfdji

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014

Ok uninstalling realtek high definition audio drivers

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Do not do that. If you uninstall the drivers then the jacks will not work at all. Why the hell would you tell him to do this?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Its ok it works the same. You can check your settings in sound settings and possibly set them to headphones which may make a difference, depending on the drivers.

dfdji

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014

It's ok after uninstalling also it is working fine.

dfdji

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014

Alright Thank you!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

You will be missing all the realtek settings, also if you decide to hook up surround sound or anything beyond 2 channel audio it will not work.