Question How to enable the integrated GPU on ASUS EX-B360M-V5

undefined512

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
I would like to configure my system to allow use of both the dedicated graphics card and the motherboard's onboard graphics, one for each of my two monitors. (Specifications towards the end.)

I was previously (prior to a BIOS update) able to do this by removing the dedicated graphics card, entering the BIOS, and searching for "System Agent," which would show the setting to enable the iGPU. It was never a listed setting in the BIOS (I manually went through and did an exhaustive depth-first search several times); it could only be accessed using the search function.

When the graphics card was plugged in, the search would yield no results.

However, after updating to the latest BIOS revision, my settings were restored to the defaults, and I was no longer able to use the integrated graphics. When I checked the BIOS manually and with a search for "System Agent," I found nothing except "System Agent Voltage". I checked again after removing the dedicated graphics card, and got the same results. I've also attempted searching for "iGPU," "multi-monitor," "display, " "GPU," and "graphics," but have not managed to find the appropriate setting(s).

Should I try reverting to a previous BIOS revision?

Specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS EX-B360M-V5, currently on BIOS revision 2417 (latest)
CPU: Intel i5-8500
RAM: 2x8GB @ 2400MHz
Storage: 2x 500GB Crucial MX500
PSU: Seasonic Focus SGX-650
GPU: PNY GTX 1060 3GB

Thanks for any suggestions.

Threads I've already looked at:

The user guide in my motherboard box does not give details about BIOS settings, nor does it mention System Agent or iGPU multi-monitor settings.

The "Advanced" tab in the BIOS lists the following:
  • CPU Configuration
    • Software Guard Extensions (SGX)
    • Tcc Offset Time Window
    • Hardware Prefetcher
    • Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch
    • Intel (VMX) Virtualization Technology
    • Active Processor Cores
    • Thermal Monitor
    • CPU - Power Management Control
  • PCH Storage Configuration
  • PCH-FW Configuration
  • Onboard Devices Configuration
    • HD Audio
    • EXPEDITION LED Lighting
    • Realtek LAN Controller
      • Realtek PXE OPROM
    • LED lighting
  • APM Configuration
  • USB Configuration
  • Network Stack Configuration
  • NVMe Configuration
  • HDD/SSD SMART Information

Lutfij

Titan
While your system has the discrete GPU populating the first PCIe x16 slot, have you tried connecting the display to your motherboard's display output? You can then try and install Intel's GPU drivers from Intel's support site.

On second thoughts, did you update/reinstall the chipset drivers after your BIOS update? How about the MEI? Lastly, which version of Windows 10 are you on?

undefined512

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
While your system has the discrete GPU populating the first PCIe x16 slot, have you tried connecting the display to your motherboard's display output? You can then try and install Intel's GPU drivers from Intel's support site.

On second thoughts, did you update/reinstall the chipset drivers after your BIOS update? How about the MEI? Lastly, which version of Windows 10 are you on?

Thanks for the reply.

With the graphics card installed, I have tried connecting my second display to the motherboard's VGA output. (This was in the working configuration, prior to a BIOS update.) The secondary monitor stopped detecting an input after rebooting for the BIOS update and booting into Windows.

I still have Intel's GPU drivers installed. (I can get the version if you need, but I don't think it's a problem within the OS.)

I haven't updated the chipset drivers yet, but I did just try updating the MEI. It hasn't changed things, though.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.