[SOLVED] How to enable Windows Update?It's stuck at ''pending downloading''

Sep 18, 2019
Hello everybody,

I have problem regarding Windows updates.I tried to completely disable Windows from updating and I followed few procedures on Youtube,but now I changed my mind and I would like to update it.Problem is,I can't get it work.I tried to reverse every step I did,but I only have updates that are ''pending downloading'' and won't download and install.I also deleted ''automatic app update'' (in WindowsUpdate)in Task Scheduler.To be precise about video I followed,it this one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvQVZSUbes&list=WL&index=57&t=413s

You don't have to watch it,but if you want you can skip on some parts just to see what I did.

If you know,PLEASE tell me what to do,because I spent 4 hours doing this and still did nothing.

Solution
How long did you go without updates?

Depending on circumstances, if there are many pending updates then it can take a very long time to download and install all of them.

And that can become even more problematic if you have slow internet or network connections.

Use "WIN" + "I" >" Update & Security" to review your system's current update status and settings.

You may be able to do some incremental updates and get the computer to proceed faster with respect to any remaining updates.

Other suggestions:

Do not do anything else while updating: no music, no gaming, nothing but provide any requested end user clicks to choose or confirm actions.

Go into Task Manager and disable any unnecessary apps and utilities being launched in the...

Ralston18

Titan
How long did you go without updates?

Depending on circumstances, if there are many pending updates then it can take a very long time to download and install all of them.

And that can become even more problematic if you have slow internet or network connections.

Use "WIN" + "I" >" Update & Security" to review your system's current update status and settings.

You may be able to do some incremental updates and get the computer to proceed faster with respect to any remaining updates.

Other suggestions:

Do not do anything else while updating: no music, no gaming, nothing but provide any requested end user clicks to choose or confirm actions.

Go into Task Manager and disable any unnecessary apps and utilities being launched in the background. That will free system resources to fully "concentrate" on doing the updates.

Make sure that you have plenty of C: drive space available. A full ( > 70-80%) drive can slow updates.

Reactions: ChrisRedfield
Solution