Question How to figure out what is causing input lag?

Jun 6, 2021
I bought an LG 27GN7 in April and I have noticeable input lag. At first I thought it was the monitor itself and I sent it in for repair. They replaced the panel and I got it back. I reinstalled the driver, swapped mice, but I still experience input lag. Sometimes when I am in game, the game feels great and very crispy, however sometimes as time goes on my mouse feels more sluggish. What can I do to isolate the different parts of my setup to figure out what is not working? Thank you for your help!

Specs:
gtx 1060
intel i5 8600K
16gb ram

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? As for your rams, mind sharing a link to the ram kit? Cumulatively they are 16GB but what is their make and model/frequency, latency, specs? How are you cooling that K suffix processor? Temps of the platform when you experience the lags...? HWMonitor should help with keeping an eye on temps.

What titles are you taxing the system with and where did you source them from?

Jun 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? As for your rams, mind sharing a link to the ram kit? Cumulatively they are 16GB but what is their make and model/frequency, latency, specs? How are you cooling that K suffix processor? Temps of the platform when you experience the lags...? HWMonitor should help with keeping an eye on temps.

What titles are you taxing the system with and where did you source them from?

Thank you for the response! I have the Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B45) motherboard. The BIOS Version is American Megatrends Inc. A.00, 9/1/2017. The PSU that I have is the EVGA Supernova 750 G2 750 watt gold power supply. I bought it around 2017 so about 4 years old. As for my ram, I have the Vengeance LPX DDR4 ram from Corsair. I believe it is this right here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK8GX4M1A2400C14 . When I first built my pc I had one stick of 8gb then later down the line I got another stick of 8gb. They are put in my second and fourth slots. For the specs of the ram, my task manager tells me it has a speed of 2933 MHz. I am not sure how to check the latency and any other specs. To cool my cpu I am using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU cooler. When I play the game my gpu runs at about 37 celsuis and at 20 percent load. My cpu runs at 43 celsuis and 54 percent load. Could it possibly be an issue with the way my motherboard is processing my mouse inputs? I notice mouse input lag when I use my mouse but not as obvious for my keyboard.