[SOLVED] how to find compatible ram for my pc?

May 22, 2020
I have a lowend pc with 4 gb of ram, and i want to buy another ram stick with 8 gb, does the latency matter? details: asrock fm2a55m-vg3+ (i know its kinda outdated), cpu: amd a8 6600k with integrated gpu, and the ram is ddr3 and 1600mhz. i dont plan on upgrading it hard, just some small tweaks

Last edited:
Solution
thanks for answering, so its not recommended to get 8 gb? its better to buy another 4gb? and does the voltage matter? because i found almost the same as i have, just the voltage is different (mine has 1.5V and the other has 1.35V)
Size is not critical, if they are compatible with each other you'd get 4+4GB in dual channel and 4 GB in single channel, most important are values for frequency and latency, 1.35v one can also work at 1.5v.
I have a lowend pc with 4 gb of ram, and i want to buy another ram stick with 8 gb, does the latency matter? details: asrock fm2a55m-vg3+ (i know its kinda outdated), cpu: amd a8 6600k with integrated gpu, and the ram is ddr3 and 1600mhz. i dont plan on upgrading it hard, just some small tweaks
Best to get a new pair, second best is to get exact one you have now or at least of same speed or Cas latency.

May 22, 2020
Best to get a new pair, second best is to get exact one you have now or at least of same speed or Cas latency.
thanks for answering, so its not recommended to get 8 gb? its better to buy another 4gb? and does the voltage matter? because i found almost the same as i have, just the voltage is different (mine has 1.5V and the other has 1.35V)

Size is not critical, if they are compatible with each other you'd get 4+4GB in dual channel and 4 GB in single channel, most important are values for frequency and latency, 1.35v one can also work at 1.5v.

Reactions: arniviti
Solution