How to find out if GPU is the problem

lukaking032

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
I recently bought a new gpu Radeon hd 6570 1Gb ddr3, it worked for 15 days with vga/dvi adapter just fine, but one day all of a sudden it starrted making a huge noise and my pc shut down without blue screen or anything. Now every time i try to turn my pc on it happens after 2-3 minutes. I then put back an older card, installed new drivers, temp checker, and when i put the new card again temps were 30-31 degrees celsius and it shut down anyway again. My psu is 450w with 18 amps on v12 rail. It's not a good manufacturer, zitto i think, but it should work fine on it i think... Please help me find out what's the problem and the thing i want the least is to return it and pay again for shipping etc.

If the computer is working with the older card, but shuts down with the new card, either the card is faulty or it is drawing too much power for the power supply to handle.
A cheap 450w power supply may only be able to handle 300W on the +12V rail.
A 125W CPU + motherboard and other components would only leave 100W for the video card.
A Readeon 7850 for example is rated at 130W.

lukaking032

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

Well my processor is intel celeron dual core 2.4Ghz, i don't think it draws too much power :\ also the motherboard isn't very new

I missed your graphics card model the first time I read your post.
The 6570 DDR3 only draws up to 44W.
Power isn't the problem.
Maybe you have a faulty graphics card.