How to find this and delete?

How can I find the files in these red damaged and delete it?
g4wq4l.png

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This is spot on. Those blocks will be identified and therefor not used in the future. When scanned, recoverable info was moved elsewhere to "good" blocks on the storage device. There should be nothing else for you to do at this point.

The current pending sector was 1933 when I first checked my disk with HD tune pro (one week ago and at that time I had 120+ GB free space in the same 1 TB drive), then I filled up till there is 56.5 GB free space.. Then the count reduced to 310.. Now after running the error scan (the one in the question), it raised to 316.. So, my drive is now unstable or filling up makes completes the "pending"? however it's only seven months old and still under warranty..
bBY6p2.png

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You should reach out to Sony customer support. What country are you in?

They may require a specific diagnostic test (with results) be provided, or they may simply just replace under warranty. Only they can provide the specifics for your situation.

Of course, you can also get the specific hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic program as well. With the make/model of your HDD, you can go to the manufacturer's website and get their diagnostic program to verify the results.

Good luck!

My doubt exactly is, I'm not getting hangs/very slow response only accessing some folders and moving data from ext HDD to int HDD now (I planned to RMA/replacement and so backing up the important files) says "Invalid DOS Function" and then try again, skip, cancel, and nothing works.. Should I say them as, I'm getting poor accessing speeds, transfer rates and file copying/moving problems, so I need replacement?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That is a Seagate HDD. Go here and get SeaTools for Windows and run it.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

I would tell them that the HDD has become corrupted and has multiple bad blocks and should be replaced under warranty. I would provide the info generated by SeaTools as well (if possible).

Let me try and report... Now, as I never claimed for warranty of any of my products i my life yet :D, warranty usually means refund/replacement? What will they provide? Because, this drive is defective among my friends too (7 months old - three year warranty drive)..