Question How to fix "bridge.sys" BSOD ?

Jul 30, 2023
Windows 10 "bridge.sys " BSOD, what to do next? find out which driver gave the error? How? Find physical damage on the motherboard? How? It is expensive to carry to the service, how to minimize these costs with your research?

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, check for devices with exclamation marks.
Go to your MB manufacturer or if Pre-Built PC to their website & Download your Win 10 64 bit drivers (if a 64bit machine). Specs. would help. Likely culprit a replaced or corrupted driver.
Scan every Windows "Optional" update and block the ones trying to replace your drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it actually seems to be a Bluetooth Audio device driver - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/18001/bridge.sys/ meaning I have my doubts that its network adapters.

I don't know what devices you have that match that description but its likely a driver associated with it, that is causing the problem.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Last edited:
it actually seems to be a Bluetooth Audio device driver - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/18001/bridge.sys/ meaning I have my doubts that its network adapters.
you can go directly to windows\system32\drivers, open bridge.sys in notepad, its not encrypted and from all those texts (on lines 1131-1315) you can see it is network driver tied with ndis.sys
it also shows multiple network registry keys and network group policies

Last edited:
Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess Bleeping computer are wrong

Bridge.sys or also referred to as MAC Bridge Driver, is a driver for Windows, specifically for MAC bridge ports that are installed with the tunneling software for sharing of internet connections, such as WiFi and 3G networks. With this system driver file, multiple internet adapters can be linked together and share one available internet connection.

link

dump files might show more though. As its just part of windows, the victim, not cause.

Reactions: kerberos_20