How to fix HP ENVY 4500 scanner/printer

xarzu

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
I solved a problem and I am posting this here so that others, who might have this problem, will have a solution too.
I have an HP ENVY 4500 scanner/printer. Even though it allows me to print, scanning is a suddenly not possible.
On the software Windows, side, when I click to "New Scan", the error is "Could not complete scan". I have download new drivers (I think) and my computer still does not recognize the scanner.
On the scanner side, when I click the panel to scan, it says that "No Computer Found". Which is strange because I am able to print from the computer.

I went to HP website to submit a ticket but after I put in the serial number of the device, it says my warranty has expired.

I found this
Scam links removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How is the scanner/printer connected: USB, network (wired), network (wireless), shared via another computer?

Try another known working cable if and as applicable.

Also this: "I have download new drivers (I think) and my computer still does not recognize the scanner. "

Where did you get the new drivers and how did you install them?

I.e., did you manually download the drivers via HP's website and then reinstall and reconfigure the drivers?

I found the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...l-in-one-printer-series/5304875/model/5304876

[Do verify that I found the applicable link.]

Did you download any other HP Software tools or applications to use with the HP scanner/printer? HP Smart app

Or any other scanning software for that matter?

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Microsoft had recently confirmed a recent Windows update broke printer driver functionality.
I would recommend completely uninstalling the printer drivers and related software, then making sure you install the correct ones.
This resolved the issue for a co-worker of mine who had the same exact issue with an HP printer/scanner.
Microsoft is working on a permanent fix, but has not released one yet to this date.

Reactions: dudio