Solosis

Commendable
Feb 16, 2019
Hello,

I noticed my RAM would jump to 60% at some point without having a lot (if anything) open.

Poolmon:
unknown.png

Findstr in drivers:
unknown.png

I have these drivers installed:
unknown.png

I'm not sure what to do and would highly appreciate advice. Thanks in advance!
Thana

Solution
The fact that it is using the most memory does not imply a leak. You are focusing on the wrong thing, IMO.
Using RAM isn't a bad thing.
If there is actually a memory leak, there is nothing you can do other than find updated software. You can't "fix" it because you don't have the source code or the software development background.

kanewolf

Titan
The fact that it is using the most memory does not imply a leak. You are focusing on the wrong thing, IMO.
If there is actually a memory leak, there is nothing you can do other than find updated software. You can't "fix" it because you don't have the source code or the software development background.

Solution

Solosis

Commendable
Feb 16, 2019
I understand, thank you. What would you recommend I take a look at?

kanewolf

Titan
I understand, thank you. What would you recommend I take a look at?
I would start by getting the version numbers of the drivers for your devices. Network, graphics, motherboard, audio, etc. See if there are updates.
See if you can google those versions for other people with similar symptoms.
Try booting into safe mode with networking -- see if the problem happens then.
Look at the startup programs. Selectively disable ONE. Then wait and see.
If none of that helps and there are driver updates, then update ONE device and wait and see.
Repeat if necessary.
There is no simple answer.

Reactions: Solosis

TRENDING THREADS