[SOLVED] How to fix Microphone, Transfer Speeds and Games Crashing ?

Feb 16, 2022
I reset windows 10 and now my microphone wont work. It registers that I have one but when I go into sound settings there are no green bars showing that it is picking up sound. File transfer is really slow now too. I used to get about 120mb/s for file transfers to my portable hdd and my powered external hdd. It now goes between 15mb/s to 40 mb/s max after resetting windows 10. And the only game I play Terraria keeps crashing on me after 5-20 minutes of playing aswell. First the sound will cut out then anywhere between 1 second to 20 minutes the game will freeze and then close down back to desktop. I went into the games properties (Steam) and done a file validation check and everytime it says 1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired even after a fresh install after resetting windows 10 again. I installed all the drivers I needed after resetting windows 10. Its basicly a new PC only 2 months old. I took it back to where I got it from and they said they will have a look at it. After they went over it. Lucky I didn't have to pay cause when I got it back they said there is nothing wrong. I got it home and checked and the same things are happening.

Solution
what are specs of the PC?
why did you reset PC?

that steam file, you would think reinstalling game or steam client itself would fix it.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver...

Colif

Win 11 Master
why did you reset PC?

that steam file, you would think reinstalling game or steam client itself would fix it.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Solution
Feb 16, 2022
why did you reset PC?

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Thankyou for the reply. I'm sorta good with computers but not that good. I can't remember why I reset. something happened and I went online to try a fix and one said to reset. I reset but went to wipe everything when I should have gone to keep apps and files now that I think of it.
PC Specs
MSI B550-A PRO
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHZ
Thermaltake TH 240 ARGB Sync Edition AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200
Crucial P1 500gb 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W
GTX 1080ti Founders Edition

Here is a link to Screenshot of Driverview
https://ibb.co/bQwrsZ0

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in driverview could you please advise what to do please

Colif

Win 11 Master
oldest driver you have is for Bluetooth, which makes me ask... what BT dongle do you have?

external hdd? did it have its own software? Since you reset and wiped all apps, it might be missing some drivers.

have you reinstalled the Steam client?

which version of win 10

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H2