Question How to fix my full hardisk

Feb 27, 2019
So my laptop hardisk run into some trouble. Before my hardisk is full i dont have any trouble but now my hardisk only have 2 GB left and now it run some problems.

So the problem is i cannot delete or cut any file in my hardisk. I can copy but no cut and delete. Also i cannot save my document into the hardisk. pls i need respond

Start the computer in Safe Mode and try deleting or moving the files to another drive. Start with small files then move to large ones.
You could also
Make sure to always leave minimum 10% available empty space for normal functionality.
If you allow the drive to become full, then your PC might even refuse to boot.

You could also access the Command Prompt from the Troubleshooting Advanced options and delete or move files.
To browse you files, type notepad.exe on the Command Prompt.
In Notepad, click File, Open, to open a Explorer windows that you can use to locate folders and files.
You could right click files and folders to copy to another drive. Copy one file or folder at the time.
While the files are been copied there will be no progress bar and it will appear as if the PC is frozen...just wait for each copying is finished.
After you have around 8GB of free space you could reboot into Windows 10 normal mode and continue moving files.

popatim

Titan
Cut requires free disk space. Try copying the file to a new location and then going back to delete it when done.

I would recommend copying and then deleting as a safer method when important data is involved anyways. I've been burned in the past with cut not working but still deleting my original file.