How to fix '' no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key''

computernoobz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Hello,
How to fix the error above
You see It started with AVAST Anti virus it expired so then I unistalled it then Downloaded and installed AVG Internet security then i made some registry tweaks then rebooted my laptop then when I rebooted my laptop errors started to occur so I decided to run startup repair and system restore , no luck it both failed then i tried going to safe mode and last known good configuration but then it just directed me to a blue screen with errors and stuff and reboots again and again then i turned my laptop off . I turned it on again then tried formatting my hard drive with command prompt but I formatted the wrong one then the error on the title occured What can I do to Fix This?.

I'm Using HP laptop
-Computernoobz

Solution
Your laptop most likely came with software to create a restore disk. This should be the 1st option to use when purchasing a laptop. The laptop manufacturer may provide you with a restore disk for a slight fee.

Don't mess with the registry unless you know what you are doing. The system restore put your registry back to the way it was - the problem being that you uninstalled avast and now the registry once again contains keys for avast. The second mistake was formatting the wrong disk and it most likely contained the boot loader, thus the error message you are now getting.
Your laptop most likely came with software to create a restore disk. This should be the 1st option to use when purchasing a laptop. The laptop manufacturer may provide you with a restore disk for a slight fee.

Don't mess with the registry unless you know what you are doing. The system restore put your registry back to the way it was - the problem being that you uninstalled avast and now the registry once again contains keys for avast. The second mistake was formatting the wrong disk and it most likely contained the boot loader, thus the error message you are now getting.

Solution

computernoobz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

I do have the Restore disk I'll try booting my laptop with the restore disk and see if it works and when I do fix it i wont mess with registry and formatting the disk I dont want to go throught this problem again

computernoobz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

I'll try doing this thnx for the link bro.

computernoobz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Sorry Guys for all the trouble ( Are you guys troubled with all this? Cuz I have no idea )

Im Thinking of Buying The Installer CD for an easier and faster way and less problems sorry for all of this i'm really so rry anywayz Tnx guys O:)