Question How to fix reboot issue?

Oct 27, 2019
I was in the middle of a game when my pc just restarted out of nowhere. I didn’t think anything of it at first but then my system just kept restarting over and over again. All it shows is the bios and motherboard symbol then restarts again. I’m not sure what the problem is and I have no idea what to do to fix this issue. It just keeps instantly restarting.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
I was in the middle of a game when my pc just restarted out of nowhere. I didn’t think anything of it at first but then my system just kept restarting over and over again. All it shows is the bios and motherboard symbol then restarts again. I’m not sure what the problem is and I have no idea what to do to fix this issue. It just keeps instantly restarting.
Seems to me like you are having thermal throttling issues are your temperatures ok?

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
Yeah I thought they were, I hadn’t had a problem with temps before. I also can’t check anyway because I can’t get past the bios screen when it reboots.
This is probably happening cause ur cpu thermal throttled so much it's getting overheated before it reaches windows and it shut's itself off to protect itself from dmg. What i would suggest right now is to take the cpu cooler off and clean it and place it well on the cpu if u can. After that if you can get into windows download hwinfo and check ur temps and use MSI Afterburner to check your temps in games.

Oct 27, 2019
This is probably happening cause ur cpu thermal throttled so much it's getting overheated before it reaches windows and it shut's itself off to protect itself from dmg. What i would suggest right now is to take the cpu cooler off and clean it and place it well on the cpu if u can. After that if you can get into windows download hwinfo and check ur temps and use MSI Afterburner to check your temps in games.
Well I can get into the bios when it’s booting up. So that’s why I don’t think it’s the cpu temp. I also called someone about it and they said it seemed like a crashed hard drive.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
Well I can get into the bios when it’s booting up. So that’s why I don’t think it’s the cpu temp. I also called someone about it and they said it seemed like a crashed hard drive.
In bios there is not much load on cpu but as u get in windows the temps starts go up so i wouldnt be surprised if it was honest throttling issue.

Oct 27, 2019
In bios there is not much load on cpu but as u get in windows the temps starts go up so i wouldnt be surprised if it was honest throttling issue.
Well my cpu cooler is working and it’s never had an overheating problem before. So how do I know for sure is it’s an overheating problem or something else like a crashed HDD?