How to fix repair startup loop

Feb 1, 2019
My pc keeps starting on a automatic repair mode loop even if i use the advanced mode it tells me that i have insufficient memory to reset the pc. With cmd it says 'not enough memory resources are available to process this command'.
What should i do?

demonesc

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
you could reinstall windows , are you using 10 ? , i recall this happening to a friend of mine a few years ago.
if you choose custom install you should be able to save your files.

it may be that you do not have enough disk space left to account for the system ram page file
so it just cant complete the process.

Feb 10, 2019
Had the same issue with an Asus Rog Strix gl702vsk, all stock. I was stuck in a boot loop and managed to break into safe mode with networking, ran a virus removal tool, came back clean. The laptop ran great, there was no stuttering or anything, I cleaned up the storage thinking it was just full, wrong. I had just over 300gb left on the hdd. I tried to boot up normally and after that, I couldn't even get it to boot into safe mode again after trying to boot normally. I also noticed the hdd was making a loud, buzzy, grindy kind of noise. Was I wrong to replace the hdd? (I had a spare I had kept safe out of another pc, 500gb) I also have another question. I was weighing the options to go back with a solid state drive that fits in the sata port. Would anyone recommend this? Where would I get one for the best price? I was also thinking of doing a pcie ssd as well.???? (correct and educate me I have enough knowledge to get myself into trouble but not enough to do things right.)

demonesc

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
Had the same issue with an Asus Rog Strix gl702vsk, all stock. I was stuck in a boot loop and managed to break into safe mode with networking, ran a virus removal tool, came back clean. The laptop ran great, there was no stuttering or anything, I cleaned up the storage thinking it was just full, wrong. I had just over 300gb left on the hdd. I tried to boot up normally and after that, I couldn't even get it to boot into safe mode again after trying to boot normally. I also noticed the hdd was making a loud, buzzy, grindy kind of noise. Was I wrong to replace the hdd? (I had a spare I had kept safe out of another pc, 500gb) I also have another question. I was weighing the options to go back with a solid state drive that fits in the sata port. Would anyone recommend this? Where would I get one for the best price? I was also thinking of doing a pcie ssd as well.???? (correct and educate me I have enough knowledge to get myself into trouble but not enough to do things right.)

Well if the mechanical drive was grinding i would say that it was not happy so yeah that was the right thing to do .
Definately use an SSD over mechanical i believe that model came with a 1tb drive originally a hitachi travelstar not suprising it failed they can be a bit shit or be amazing its a mixed bag .
it doesnt look like that motherboard supports an m.2 pcie ssd unfortunately.
but if you are prepared to remove the DVD rom drive you can get a Sata drive caddy that fits in and the faceplate from the DVD rom fits over the top so it looks like you have done nothing but in fact you have another hard drive, ive done that a few times its a pretty neat upgrade.