How To Fix The Runtime Broker High CPU Usage Error In Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
LOL, Windows 10 is such a piece of crap. Ive moved onto Server 2012 R2 (when I have to use Windows) but once its out of support I guess ill just be out of luck because I will never willingly use such a garbage operating system. I don't know how you people do it.

Debian 9 with Server 2012 R2 virtualized for gaming. The future is going to suck.

chaos133

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I remember this problem happened to me a few years ago, I think what I did to fix it was I went to Settings>Privacy>Background apps, and then I turned off Let apps run in the background and then turned it back on and that fixed it.

Now to figure out how to stop these Apps from randomly closing.

CerianK

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
This tip is awesome for me, under my special circumstances.

I've been loading all of my cores doing research and noticed the PC became unresponsive (including frozen mouse pointer) for about 5-10 seconds every minute or less. I tried turning off 'Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows' (which is the new name for 'Show me tips about Windows', I had guessed). No more issues (other than than the normal sluggishness expected from having all cores loaded down).

I did not make any of the further changes suggested (e.g. uninstalling Windows Store Apps).

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.