[SOLVED] How to fix this chkdsk error code? (766f6c756d652e63 470)

Oct 13, 2018
Hi everyone how are you doing today? I got a problem which i hope you can help me with solving today. So my 500gb WD hdd got converted to RAW from NTFS, and I dont really know what happened. But anyways, i cant access my data there, and i looked it up on internet, someone suggested using chkdsk : D/f (D Is my drive). It is just an additional hdd which i keep in my pc, to put unused files from my 128gb ssd. So that i means i can boot up just fine, but i need to access those files. It took me 14 hours to finish! So i want to make sure when i do this 2nd time there will be no problems. Thanks!

Solution
Naturally, if the drive has malfunctioned or partially crashed, then getting data off of them becomes difficult, and , for partial crashes, can become more difficult by potentially even each hour of use...(some last a week, some as few as 12 hours.

I'd try Recuva, and have an additional disk ready to recover data to. (it's been quite successful at getting data from drives that have been formatted) I'd even consider doing a search for the most needed/important file types first, where perhaps photos might be more important than Office docs, or, vice versa, depending on your needs/wants...just in case the drive's remaining life is limited.

If files/data are critical (well, if they truly were, they'd have been backed up?), Seagate has a...

popatim

Titan
If you have a backup drive to copy the data to then try findandmount. It will allow you to mount the partition in read only mode so you can get your data off.

If you want to try to just restore the partition and maybe not get any data off then you can use Testdisk but I would advise in making an image of the drive first so that can still maybe recover data from that.

Both programs are free.

Oct 13, 2018
If you have a backup drive to copy the data to then try findandmount. It will allow you to mount the partition in read only mode so you can get your data off.

If you want to try to just restore the partition and maybe not get any data off then you can use Testdisk but I would advise in making an image of the drive first so that can still maybe recover data from that.

Both programs are free.
Yes i do have a drive to copy to, got both external and internal ones. But for me, recovering data is crucial right now. After i restore the data, i will just destroy it and throw it away ofcourse. Does findandmount recover the data? Or it just converts from raw to ntfs? Thanks!

Oct 13, 2018
If allows you to mount the partition, if it finds one, in read only mode so you can copy data off. It's very safe as it never writes or changes anything on the disk.
Umm, been close to 10 hours, but the percentage is stuck at 45%. Am i doing something wrong? Because in most comments, i read that it took them less than an hour to the scan to finish. What additionally i should do?

Naturally, if the drive has malfunctioned or partially crashed, then getting data off of them becomes difficult, and , for partial crashes, can become more difficult by potentially even each hour of use...(some last a week, some as few as 12 hours.

I'd try Recuva, and have an additional disk ready to recover data to. (it's been quite successful at getting data from drives that have been formatted) I'd even consider doing a search for the most needed/important file types first, where perhaps photos might be more important than Office docs, or, vice versa, depending on your needs/wants...just in case the drive's remaining life is limited.

If files/data are critical (well, if they truly were, they'd have been backed up?), Seagate has a drive recovery service, and '300 dollar recovery' is pretty well known as well...
https://www.300dollardatarecovery.com/

Solution