Question How to fix this SSD?

Sep 11, 2022
Hi, I have a massive problem!
My Crucial PN:CT1000MX500SSD1 used to work perfectly but yesterday I disconnected it and I took it with me in a flight, today I connected it to another desktop and it doesn't show up, I have tried many things but only once it worked for a couple seconds while pushing and moving the power and data cables, it showed up in the explorer (all the files are still there) but it disconnected after a couple seconds, probably because I moved my hand. This is a huge problem for me because like an idiot I didn't back up and I've got hundreds of gb of essential work data in there, like if I lose all of this I'm D E A D. The cable doesn't lock, I tried different cables and different they all lock in the other spare ssd.
What should I do? Need some suggestions please!

Edit: There isn't any damage on the connector that I can see

Last edited:
Hi, I have a massive problem!
My Crucial PN:CT1000MX500SSD1 used to work perfectly but yesterday I disconnected it and I took it with me in a flight, today I connected it to another desktop and it doesn't show up, I have tried many things but only once it worked for a couple seconds while pushing and moving the power and data cables, it showed up in the explorer (all the files are still there) but it disconnected after a couple seconds, probably because I moved my hand. This is a huge problem for me because like an idiot I didn't back up and I've got hundreds of gb of essential work data in there, like if I lose all of this I'm D E A D. The cable doesn't lock, I tried different cables and different they all lock in the other spare ssd.

Edit: There isn't any damage on the connector that I can see
Perhaps try a usb to sata cable.
It's a single connector that might hold on better.

today I connected it to another desktop and it doesn't show up, I have tried many things but only once it worked for a couple seconds while pushing and moving the power and data cables, it showed up in the explorer (all the files are still there) but it disconnected after a couple seconds, probably because I moved my hand.
Are you connecting/disconnecting sata drive, while pc is on?
This is allowed only, if hot plug option is turned on in BIOS. Normally you can't do that.

PC has to be turned off, to connect/disconnect a sata drive.

Sep 11, 2022
Are you connecting/disconnecting sata drive, while pc is on?
This is allowed only, if hot plug option is turned on in BIOS. Normally you can't do that.

PC has to be turned off, to connect/disconnect a sata drive.
The hot plug is active on sata 1 to 4 but even with that it doesn't work, I've also tried with off plug but it doesn't even read it in the list of devices I can see when I start the computer

USAFRet

Titan
This is a 2.5" SATA III SSD?

Does it appear in Device Manager?
Irrespective of hot plug status, was the system on when you disconnected and connected it?
Any physical damage?

And of course, the real question.....Why was there no backup of this "hundreds of gb of essential work data " ?