How To 

How to fix Windows 10 Settings search not displaying results

IrQXpRy.png

Search is an important part of Windows and it can be frustrating when it returns incorrect or incomplete results. Even more frustrating is when it doesn’t return any results at all. Settings search is one element of Windows that seems particularly problematic but there is a solution. If you need to fix Windows 10 Settings search not displaying results, here is what you do.

Fix Windows 10 Settings search not displaying results
I have seen this myself and even if you manually rebuild the index on the computer, Settings search still won’t work. The results come up blank. The Search Service is running, Explorer search works fine, it just seems Setting search doesn’t. Fortunately, I found the solution online and it worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too.

1. Type or paste ‘%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState’ into the Explorer address window.
2. Right click the Indexed folder and select Properties.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Check the box next to ‘Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties’.
5. Click OK and Apply.
6. Wait for the index to complete then click OK once more.

Now Settings search should work. The indexing builds the results ready for search to work its magic. Now if you try to search, Windows should actually find what you’re looking for.

More Windows 10 troubleshooting tips you may find useful:
How to get into advanced startup options in Windows 10
How to perform a repair installation for Windows 10
How to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10 built-in apps