How to fix windows live mail error 800ccc0f

tom-kat

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I am using windows 7 and in addition to windows 7 yahoo mail i am using windows live email as an alternate. I tried to configure it but keep getting error messages regarding sending out email 800 ccc0f

What SMTP setting did you input?[/#000ff]

ricky_critic

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
To resolve the issue, you will need to fix corrupt registry.The registry is where all your information is stored about what and how programs should run on your computer.The easy way to eliminate 0x800ccc0f error is to use one of the good windows registry cleaners.

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Have you checked your SMTP settings as Saga Lout asked?

You could also attempt to uninstall Windows Live Mail and reinstall.

Also it would be advisable to run Super Anti Spyware or Malware Bytes just to ensure you do not have problems with any malicious software -- despite using Norton.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

andrew197553

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Seriously, you work for Microsoft?

The answer for me:
Vista SP 1

Incoming - pop.gmail.com (SSL 587)
Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com (SSL 995)

***Make sure you check the box under the "server" tab called "my server requires authentication"***

***Also make sure under "server tab" that "Email Username is just the user without the @whatever.com***

andrew197553

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

The answer for me:
Vista SP 1

Incoming - pop.gmail.com (SSL 587)
Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com (SSL 995)

***Make sure you check the box under the "server" tab called "my server requires authentication"***

***Also make sure under "server tab" that "Email Username is just the user without the @whatever.com***

techno489

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014

I had the same error, I tried everything I read everywhere, almost to the point of reinstalling windows and I thought
I might just give my ISP a call and tell them of my error, they remote my computer had a look. they did a reboot
of my account on there side and my internet cut out for 5 minutes and when my internet started working again
at first my email would not work saying I got wrong details but about 3 minutes after that my emails sending and receiving was all working again and no more error's. Next time I will call my ISP first.

mhansomme

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Check your Firewall or Router Settings

Problems with sending or receiving email messages based on the 0x800ccc0f error code could also be due to configuration issues for individuals who connect using a router. If this is a misconfiguration issue, you may be able to resolve the problem by bypassing the router and connecting through your modem.

More about: http://errortools.com/outlook/how-to-fix-error-code-0x800ccc0f/

SandeeSprings

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016

I assume by now you've fixed this but it's for anyone else with the issue. I've fixed it a couple of times like this now so I know it's a work around. Not the best perhaps but I'm not wild about fiddling with the registry etc. since I'm not a techie. It's a yahoo issue since my other accounts don't do this. Anyway, go into yahoo mail. Empty the spam. Create a folder for this month or this year (it depends on how individualized you want this as you'll see.) Go back to a day before the problem started to the present. Take all the mail from the aforementioned period and transfer it to the folder(s.) Obviously, these aren't going to get to WLM so you'll have to forward any of them if they're important. Reboot.