How to fuse two power buttons together?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hello, I have a power button from an old case with usb and audio that i want to use for my new custom case. However I am currently using an external power button and was wondering if there was some way to fuse them together so I use the power button from my old case instead of this one? The new power button has USB and audio which plug into the mobo but for some reason I dont have the front panel connectors attached in order to plug them into the motherboard. I do have those from the new power button but it is too big and awkward and won't fit well with the aesthetics of my case. So basically I was wondering if there was a website or video that had instructions on how to do this? I can't find much on Google but wondered if anyone had experience in changing this?

Many thanks in advance!

Solution
Are we dealing with OEM cases here (Dell, HP, etc) or normal aftermarket stuff?

If using normal aftermarket you have to hook the usb/audio from the new case to your motherboard.
When you move your motherboard to the new case, the old case usb/audio is not going to work anymore.

Pics of what you are trying to accomplish would be very helpfull here.
While you can merge 2 power button switches together; it is likely there is more logical better option to your issue. Not to mention that if you dont know how to wire 2 momentary switches together, then it is probably not something you should be doing in the first place because you have a large risk of damaging something.
Are we dealing with OEM cases here (Dell, HP, etc) or normal aftermarket stuff?

If using normal aftermarket you have to hook the usb/audio from the new case to your motherboard.
When you move your motherboard to the new case, the old case usb/audio is not going to work anymore.

Pics of what you are trying to accomplish would be very helpfull here.
While you can merge 2 power button switches together; it is likely there is more logical better option to your issue. Not to mention that if you dont know how to wire 2 momentary switches together, then it is probably not something you should be doing in the first place because you have a large risk of damaging something.

Solution