How to get 3 monitors to work using integrated graphics and GPU?

Jun 28, 2018
Can I run 3 monitors? 2 on my gpu, an evga 8400 gs, then can i plug another monitor into the dvi or hdmi port for the integrated graphics on the intel dg43gt motherboard?

Any info will help

Thanks,
John

Wolfshadw

Titan
You will have to check the system BIOS for your motherboard to see if there is an option to run both a discrete graphics card (8400GS) at the same time as your on-board graphics.

Intel's web site does not see to want to cooperate.

-Wolf sends

Jun 28, 2018

It doesn’t show me that option, would there be any way to run 3 monitors, anyway possible

mwryder55

Distinguished

You can use a USB to VGA adapter to drive the 3rd monitor.

EVGA GeForce 8400 GS already has 3 display outputs. You can use them to connect 3 monitors.
If your monitor doesn't support DSUB connection, then use active VGA to DVI (or active VGA to HDMI) adapter.
01G-P3-1302-LR_XL_5.jpg

Jun 28, 2018
EVGA GeForce 8400 GS already has 3 display outputs. You can use them to connect 3 monitors.
If your monitor doesn't support DSUB connection, then use active VGA to DVI (or active VGA to HDMI) adapter.
I tried that, but When I plug three monitors into the graphics card the monitors go black and when i unconnected one monitor it runs the 2 monitors like nothing happened.