[SOLVED] How to get a bridge mode tecnicolor router to work with a linksys wrt320n router.

Apr 28, 2020
Hello

Im in a jam and just cant seem to get my internet working after my isp changed my router/modem to bridge mode so i can use my own router to portforward.

I have tried everything with no luck.

I have a tecnicolor router model cga2121 in bridge mode according to my isp. I have a kabel from port 1 to my router's port 1.

I have reset my router 5 times allready and tried a ton of different settings. Nothing working. Its like my router cant see the tecnicolor router.

So im wondering if they have done a faulty bridge mode setup or i am just not smart enough to get this working even with guides on the net. Or is this my router wich cannot do what's needed for this to work.

Hopefully theres someone who knows something about this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I tried that with no Lucky sadly.
And this is why your router isn't working either then. I'd try power cycling the pc and technicolor a few times and see if it works, but if not, then your isp isn't giving you an ip address for some reason, which is a problem on their end.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello

Im in a jam and just cant seem to get my internet working after my isp changed my router/modem to bridge mode so i can use my own router to portforward.

I have tried everything with no luck.

I have a tecnicolor router model cga2121 in bridge mode according to my isp. I have a kabel from port 1 to my router's port 1.

I have reset my router 5 times allready and tried a ton of different settings. Nothing working. Its like my router cant see the tecnicolor router.

So im wondering if they have done a faulty bridge mode setup or i am just not smart enough to get this working even with guides on the net. Or is this my router wich cannot do what's needed for this to work.

Hopefully theres someone who knows something about this problem.

Thanks in advance.
With the Technicolor in bridge mode, that means that any ISP specific instructions need to be implemented on your Linksys. Do you know if your ISP is DHCP? PPPOE? It is possible that you don't have the ISP specific settings correct.

Apr 28, 2020
Try this--connect a pc directly to the modem. Does it get a public IP address and have internet access? If not, that's the problem right there.

I tried that with no Lucky sadly.

With the Technicolor in bridge mode, that means that any ISP specific instructions need to be implemented on your Linksys. Do you know if your ISP is DHCP? PPPOE? It is possible that you don't have the ISP specific settings correct.

I got no info besides that they put it in bridge mode. I will give them a call today and see whats up.

Thanks for the assistance.

Apr 28, 2020
Had a talk with my isp. And they said. They found a hidden programming error in the bridge mode and fixed it. Sounds like they pressed the wrong button.

Anyway. It is working now. Did not have to do anything after they fixed it everything runs smoothly.

Thanks for the assistance guys. :)

TRENDING THREADS