[SOLVED] How to get at crisp 8k picture

Apr 1, 2021
Hi

I have a Samsung 65" QLED 8K Smart TV QE65Q950 that I use as a computer monitor on a RTX 3090 card with HDMI 2.1 and 8k resolution.

The issue is that the details in the screen when running for instance MS Office application is not as crisp as when I run 4k on a usual pc monitor. Is there some setting I should change to get it to work properly? I thought maybe it was because Windows 10 did not support 8k properly, but I have upgraded to Windows 11 and the issue is still the same.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Solution
Welcome! Make and model of your motherboard? The PSU seems to be reliably built but you're lacking in the wattage department. How old is the unit? If I were you, I'd have picked up an 850W unit from the same series as the Corsair unit you have at the moment. Version for Nvidia's drivers? You could also try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then armed with the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, reboot to Safe Mode, then manually install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Apr 1, 2021
Are you referring to the text on screen? If so, might want to see if ClearType helps you out. On a side note, are you on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard? You might want to mention what your GPU's driver version is and the make and model of your PSU.
Thanks for your answer! Yes I am referring to the text on the screen, but all text, also those in the different apps. But is is not only text, also graphical elements and icons. There seems to be some kind of mismatch which make the clarity to be 80% instead of 100%. Clear Type is on. Running the latest BIOS for the motherboard and generally the latest version of all software. This is a situation I have had since I got the display. My PSU is a Corsair RM750x v2.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome! Make and model of your motherboard? The PSU seems to be reliably built but you're lacking in the wattage department. How old is the unit? If I were you, I'd have picked up an 850W unit from the same series as the Corsair unit you have at the moment. Version for Nvidia's drivers? You could also try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then armed with the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, reboot to Safe Mode, then manually install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution