Question How to get Halo: CE to stop lagging and playing music weird on MCC?

May 3, 2024
I have MCC on Steam and for some reason whenever I play Halo: CE the cutscenes and part of the gameplay seem to lag really hard sometimes. Also the music seems to skip very often which is weird. This also only happens on Halo: CE and not with any of the other games available on MCC. If someone could help me fix that I would greatly appreciate it!(y)

May 3, 2024
Well it's the oldest game, the normal version has the physics tied to 30FPS so my guess is that they didn't change that and that the cinematics run a different framerate from the rest of the game.

This pages mentions a fix by installing chimera.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved
Are you going to reply? I'm trying to get MCC to work smoothly with Halo: CE but there's still some lag and the music plays weird as it like skips parts of the song in a weird way. Also, the cutscenes are very glitchy at times and icons seem to disappear from the screen.

Are you going to reply?
are you going to respond if you have even tried any of the offered solutions?

when i had the collection installed Halo:CE Anniversary ran perfectly fine.
Will Chimera work for MCC? It seems to only work on Halo: Custom Edition according to the link
this is not insinuated anywhere in their wiki article.
it only explains what the Custom Edition and other versions are.

chimera just adds customizable options to the actual Halo: Combat Evolved game(s).

it's possible that altering max frame rates and other custom options could help,
but i don't see it affecting your issue due to the game running perfectly fine on mine and >thousands of other systems.
trying to get MCC to work smoothly with Halo: CE
make sure you have all of the correct codecs and other redistributables installed on your system.
usually contained in a common "Redist" folder for a lot of older games.