[SOLVED] How to get more cloud space for free? (I am considering 2 options)

Matiseli

Prominent
Oct 15, 2022
Hello. Which option do you think is better (and why)?
  • Create multiple accounts with one cloud storage provider for free. For example, having 5 Google accounts (for Google Drive).
  • Create an account with several different cloud storage providers (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive,...)
I plan to dedicate each storage to a specific type of data: for example, I'll use Dropbox for documents, Google Drive for photos, and OneDrive for sensitive data.
Thank you for your answer.

Solution
Neither of these are good options. If you actually have sensitive data, then you should be focusing on the best ways to use cloud storage, not the best free way.

If forced to choose between the two, the first one is obviously inferior. At least with the second one, your risk is being disorganized, not the provider deciding to close your accounts for exploiting a free service.
As far as I know, actually Dropbox doesn't offer any free storage.

Microsoft's OneDrive offers 5GB of free storage.

Google Drive offer 15GB free storage.

My opinion is that you should go with Google Drive, even if you need to go for a paid plan later they are still the best, for example $2 a month for 200GB.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Neither of these are good options. If you actually have sensitive data, then you should be focusing on the best ways to use cloud storage, not the best free way.

If forced to choose between the two, the first one is obviously inferior. At least with the second one, your risk is being disorganized, not the provider deciding to close your accounts for exploiting a free service.

Reactions: Matiseli
Solution

Matiseli

Prominent
Oct 15, 2022
As far as I know, actually Dropbox doesn't offer any free storage.

Microsoft's OneDrive offers 5GB of free storage.

Google Drive offer 15GB free storage.

My opinion is that you should go with Google Drive, even if you need to go for a paid plan later they are still the best, for example $2 a month for 200GB.
Dropbox Basic accounts offer 2 GB of storage space for free, it is stated on official website