[SOLVED] How to get rid of Microsoft Silverlight entry in CCleaner?

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
If your sure it's uninstalled, in CCleaner's list of installed software, click on Silverlight, then click the "Remove Entry" button (note; this is from my memory as I no longer use CCleanr).

I'm talking about where it shows it under CCleaner of the Applacations then Multimedia

When I try to click it all i get it - Analyze, Clean and Restore default state

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Run this in powershell

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName

if you see silverlight anywhere, make note of the packagefullname for it, then remove it with

Remove-AppxPackage -Package "(packagefullname)"

packagefullname will look something like "package1_1.0.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe"

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
Run this in powershell

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName

if you see silverlight anywhere, make note of the packagefullname for it, then remove it with

Remove-AppxPackage -Package "(packagefullname)"

packagefullname will look something like "package1_1.0.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe"

I don't see Silverlight or that package name anywhere in Powershell but its listed in CCleaner under where I said it is in #3 Post

Screenshot picture here - https://filestore.community.support...08375-3567-4848-95a4-dd03af5dafef?upload=true

D

Deleted member 14196

Ccleaner is GARBAGE that can ruin windows installs. Don’t ever use it to avoid issues with windows. Basically it’s malware. Don’t use any registry or windows cleaners programs.

The very fact that it’s telling you that silver light is installed when it isn’t should tell you that it’s complete garbage

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
Ccleaner is GARBAGE that can ruin windows installs. Don’t ever use it to avoid issues with windows. Basically it’s malware. Don’t use any registry or windows cleaners programs.

The very fact that it’s telling you that silver light is installed when it isn’t should tell you that it’s complete garbage

And what do you suggest I use then??

Everything from Iobit is complete garbage along with Malwarebytes

to say that ccleaner is garbage and even malware is doing the op a disservice.it is neither.ive been using it for years and not once been infected or had my pc messed up.further more,we dont know for sure that silverlite is not installed.that having been been said,what operating system are you running?

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
to say that ccleaner is garbage and even malware is doing the op a disservice.it is neither.ive been using it for years and not once been infected or had my pc messed up.further more,we dont know for sure that silverlite is not installed.that having been been said,what operating system are you running?

Melwarebytes myself and others have had issues with it restarting laptops on its own as well as towers have had this issue I will forever stay away from it.

As for what windows operating system I have it is below

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1909