[SOLVED] How to get rid of stuttery/low quality spinning dots after normal splash screen/spinning dots

Jacob Rinehart

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
Hi all,
A few years ago while my Alienware x51 was still under warranty, the motherboard failed and was replaced. However after it was replaced I noticed 2 issues during the boot process that were not there with the original motherboard.
The first issue which I did solve recently is that the splash screen logo was completely different with it being an Alien head instead of the word "Alienware" and it was pixelated. I found out this was due to the BIOS boot mode being set to legacy instead of UEFI.
My second issue which this question is about is that after it does the normal boot sequence with the spinning dots under the splash screen, the screen turns black for a few seconds and then the spinning dots come back without the splash screen moving at a slow stuttery speed. With my previous motherboard I never noticed this, it always had the splash screen on until it got to the "Please Wait" or the lock screen.
Is there anyway I can bring back this original behavior or at least make it not stuttery looking? This might have already been answered before but the search terms for it are broad.
I already tried turning off Fast Boot and hibernation with no success.
Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It might be because of the answer to part 1, you are booting from legacy and not UEFI. Did you return device? they must have formatted it while they had it. Slaps dell for using Legacy.

you could try startup repair but it hardly achieves anything
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Jacob Rinehart

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
It might be because of the answer to part 1, you are booting from legacy and not UEFI. Did you return device? they must have formatted it while they had it. Slaps dell for using Legacy.

you could try startup repair but it hardly achieves anything
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info
The repair didn't help. I stated in my original post that I changed the boot mode from legacy to UEFI with Secure Boot. I am unsure if Secure Boot has anything to do with it though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i seem to be good at missing details.

secure boot shouldn't cause windows to show an extra screen at boot. Does black screen have a white line along bottom? it normally only shows up during updates if its the one I think it is.

Jacob Rinehart

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
i seem to be good at missing details.

secure boot shouldn't cause windows to show an extra screen at boot. Does black screen have a white line along bottom? it normally only shows up during updates if its the one I think it is.
No. One thing that I also noticed with the “second” spinning dots before I changed to UEFI is that the background of the screen was a dark grey but there was a black box behind the spinning dots. After changing to UEFI they are the same color background. I’ll get a video tomorrow and maybe see if the boot log/event viewer shows something about it.