How to get surround view to work on a 660ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmar001

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I went into the nvidia control panel and the surround view is greyed out. What do I need to get to work? Do I need better monitors I'm running a dual monitor setup.

I have 2 dual 17 inch regular 1200 x 1024 lcd monitors one dell and one acer connected vga to dvi adapter and the other connected by dvi.

I have a gigabyte 660ti oc, 16gb kingston hyperx black, 128 ocz ssd sata 3, 3 tb sata 3, asrock z77 pro 4, i5 3750k OC to 4.0.

I plan on buying 2 21.5 asus led ips monitors in the next month or so.

Solution
Correct.. you need 3 monitors at the same resolution and refresh rate.

Surround tricks the computer into thinking you have 1 giant display so that games, or 3d programs can span all 3 screens. Is this what you want to do?

If you just want the second screen to increase your desktop space, so you can have 2 windows full screened at a time, say like 2 excel spread sheets, then you want to extend to the second monitor. In this example any 2 monitors will work and they dont need to match.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Correct.. you need 3 monitors at the same resolution and refresh rate.

Surround tricks the computer into thinking you have 1 giant display so that games, or 3d programs can span all 3 screens. Is this what you want to do?

If you just want the second screen to increase your desktop space, so you can have 2 windows full screened at a time, say like 2 excel spread sheets, then you want to extend to the second monitor. In this example any 2 monitors will work and they dont need to match.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS