How to get the maximum 600 Mbps from my Wifi Extender?

May 1, 2018
I am looking to get a 600Mbps connection from my Wifi Extender if possible. I am currently getting 100Mbps. When on a Wifi connection I get 150Mbps. I have the TP-Link PA4010 kit. My Wifi card is the ASUS PCE-N10 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card. My ethernet is Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. My router is the Virgin Media Hub 3.0. I am using Cat6 cables.

Solution
It is too bad the marketing guys have been getting away with telling lies about wireless. There really is no rate that will give you 600mbps. They are likely adding the 2.4g and 5g rates of 300mbps each to get that. A end machine can not use both radios at the same time so it can never combine them.

In addition even the 300mbps is a lie. That is some theoretical lab rate it ignore real life facts like data must go both directions between the router and the end devices.

If you look at some of the more reputable testing sites you will find that a average rate of about 250mbits is the best you are going to get. Even that is using nic cards that have 4 antenna which are rather rare. Unless you are sitting right on top of the...
"My Wifi card is the ASUS PCE-N10"

Product page clearly states maximum data rate is up to 150Mbps which you're already getting - - - you've no chance of increasing it to 600Mbps:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/PCEN10/specifications/

I can't even understand why you're using WiFi anyway if you've got a pair of powerline adapters.

May 1, 2018

I am not using Wifi. I just listed everything I could just incase I left out something important, which is why I listed the cables used for the ethernet connection and the name of the connection. So does this mean I could get 600Mbps if I upgraded my Wifi card to 1 gigabit? Otherwise what would be the point a selling adapters that are up to 600Mbps?

It is too bad the marketing guys have been getting away with telling lies about wireless. There really is no rate that will give you 600mbps. They are likely adding the 2.4g and 5g rates of 300mbps each to get that. A end machine can not use both radios at the same time so it can never combine them.

In addition even the 300mbps is a lie. That is some theoretical lab rate it ignore real life facts like data must go both directions between the router and the end devices.

If you look at some of the more reputable testing sites you will find that a average rate of about 250mbits is the best you are going to get. Even that is using nic cards that have 4 antenna which are rather rare. Unless you are sitting right on top of the router most people are lucky to get 100mbps with more common nics and routers.

Generally most people do not realize they are being scammed. Since many people can not get fast internet that will be the bottleneck. As more and more people get internet that can go faster than say 250mbps they are finding out that their wifi does not really run as fast as they thought.

Solution