How to Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update Right Now

Sep 1, 2018
Finally. Had to wait half a year to get micro stutters fix for my GTX 1050TI GPU. MS and NVidia were aware of the problem, but didn't give a damn. Consumer servise support -1.

Druidsmark

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Warning, this update reset all my Microsoft settings! So I had to go change all my settings again and treat this update as a brand new Windows Installation setting up Windows the way I like it all over again. Every thing went went great for me other wise, I had no problems installing the update.

the update assistant has been updated so just grab that if its not coming up in windows update. i just like it for the complete dark theme. even though the dark theme in file explorer doesn't look that good but it is legacy software after all

they pulled the update because they were finding many problems with it like in rare cases some users files were getting deleted

November 21, 2018 2:00 PM PT
Upgrade block in place
Windows 10, version 1809
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server, version 180

Microsoft has identified issues with certain, new Intel display drivers. Intel inadvertently released versions of its display driver (versions 24.20.100.6344, 24.20.100.6345) to OEMs that accidentally turned on unsupported features in Windows.
After updating to Windows 10, version 1809, audio playback from a monitor or television connected to a PC via HDMI, USB-C, or a DisplayPort may not function correctly on devices with these drivers.
Workaround: To see if your device is affected and, if so, resolve the issue, see this Windows Forum post.
Next Steps: Microsoft is working with Intel to expire these display drivers, including coordinating with OEMs, and will provide an update on the resolution in an upcoming release.
Note: This Intel display driver issue is different from the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (version 09.21.00.3755) audio issue previously documented.

Note on upgrade blocks: Blocking the availability of a Windows 10 feature update to devices we know will experience issues is a key aspect of our controlled rollout approach to provide users with a great update experience. We decide what to block based on user impact from closely monitoring feedback and device diagnostics. Blocking issues are a high priority for us to address as quickly as possible. If we detect that your device may have an issue, such as an application incompatibility, we will not install the update until that issue is resolved, even if you “Check for updates”. We do this so that you avoid encountering any known problems.

which means if you dont get the update chances are because of the block in place

tungleboomps

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009

When 1809 finally does come out, it will be a new adventure I'm sure & we'll see the "Adjust Brightness" fixed.