[SOLVED] How to get windows xp

Solution
I wanted windows due to compatibility and it has a sempron 3400+ and 1gb gpu or something like that and 3gb of ram I have tried getting windows 10 and 8 but they both dont work on it due to the cpu missing features. windows 7 works so far I got it working on win 7 just by googling a key lol
For windows 10 to work on that, you'd have to install 32bit version. 64bit version will not work.
I never said i wanted pirated software I litterally said non cracked cause at least with a lot of windows you can use windows but you just lose customization and get activation prompts until your activate it
I just wanted an actually official iso so I could just use it unactivated since some support it.....

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I never said i wanted pirated software I litterally said non cracked cause at least with a lot of windows you can use windows but you just lose customization and get activation prompts until your activate it
I just wanted an actually official iso so I could just use it unactivated since some support it.....
Well, you didn't payed anything to get an ISO...

USAFRet

Titan
Win XP gives you 30 days of full function. Then it shuts down completely.
Not like Win 10, that has small restrictions from day 1, but no 30 day limit.

What are the specs of this PC that can't run Win 7?

As USAFRet said, you cannot run Windows XP without a key for more than 30 days before it tells you to enter a key and you cannot use Windows until you do so.

You can buy a Windows XP disk+key on eBay. This is the most legitimate way of getting Windows XP.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-...781138?hash=item44444ea612:g:oYYAAOSw6XBdZdZR
Awhile back I bought a Windows XP ISO download and key on eBay for $5. The ISO worked but I never used the key, so I have yet to verify the legitimacy of this key. Oddly enough I cannot find any of these for sale anymore, maybe since its sketchy.

Have you considered Linux? Linux is free and some modern versions can run better than Windows 7.

You have two problems:
  • "finding" an ISO/CD with XP;
  • "finding" product key for that particular version of Windows that ISO / CD was build for. If you get OEM CD, you need OEM key. If you get retail CD, you need retail key.
The only secure way is thru MSDN program. Yes, $1000.

A hint: If your laptop was ever sold with XP, try getting a CD/DVD for same brand.

And last: What issues your laptop has with Windows 7? Was this the original OS it was sold with?

I'll repeat others questions:
What are the specs of this old PC?

There are many reasons NOT to use XP, mostly having to do with security concerns with something where the patch servers aren't even around any more.

What do you plan to do with it that can't work just as well on something like Puppy Linux or Mint Linux?

I wanted windows due to compatibility and it has a sempron 3400+ and 1gb gpu or something like that and 3gb of ram I have tried getting windows 10 and 8 but they both dont work on it due to the cpu missing features. windows 7 works so far I got it working on win 7 just by googling a key lol

after doing tons of these optimizations in regedit, servies, task scheduler and removing animations cpu usage is locked at 78% to 88% on idle is there any other optimizations like do you know any scripts or debloater scripts I don't care about a lot of the windows features I just like compatibility with windows and their interface thats about it

but do you know any linuxes that have high compatibility like windows that are meant for old old computers
I have put many linuxes on it like puppy linux etc... but on all on them the mouse lags and when I try to google how to install things and I copy paste the commands it says the commands aren't fouund like thee command apt-get or something like that

For windows 10 to work on that, you'd have to install 32bit version. 64bit version will not work.

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf
Solution